Thursday, January 20, 2011

When I'm watching soccer

I never watch soccer in my life, never understand why guys resist to wake up in the late night and watch 11 players for each team (22 in total) running around the soccer field and fight for such a ball...



Now I and my friends are working as volunteers in Thailand's national university sport competition 2011, held at our university, Chulalongkorn university. We are assigned to work at soccer field, as assistances of soccer referees.

What we need to do are, keep watching 22 guys in the green field kick the pity football back and forth, and report once a player make a goal. Sound like easy, even fun for football lover, but not for me.

For all 45 minutes, I need to keep concentrate on that small ball, then break, and another 45 minutes when my eyes can't stop looking, my conscious cannot take a rest.

Match by match, I still never understand why guys love to watch soccer.

Until today, when my university's team is in that field.


Oh my goshhhhhhhh, the game completely catch my eyes. in the first half, another univ makes 2-0. The audiences on the stand behind me start to get angry and yell at the players (one of them, she is coach of woman football team and I think she is more powerful than man). I don't know, as a good MCs, I was told to be calm and, in case of any serious circumstances, I should be able to calm them down as well.

However, the situation totally reverse after the half break (with some hilarious hula-hoop show from Chula senior faculty), our university make two goals and the score turn to be 2-2. Even I cannot hide my excitement and we shout out our university boom (like a motto, I guess) for every scores we get. Finally, at the end of the game, we have univ boom for four times and I report the score as 4-2.

"Bakaaaaaaaaaaa BoBo Cheaka ChoCho Chearacho Who are we? Chulalongkorn. CAN YOU SEE? La!"


I'm so proud of my university, feel the moment of victory even I'm not the one in the field. I completely forget that we are now staffs and we need to be neutral, but at that time, believe me that no one can do that.

By that time, I know why my friends love to watch soccer.

See you Chula in Final match this Saturday. I would skip the class to see you. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers