Sunday, October 24, 2010

Introduction to the world of me


Actually English is not my mother tongue and my learning skill on language "sucks", but as my friend, Helen, told me to write blog to improve my writing skill so I decide to start this blog.

I was born in very nice and beautiful place called "Thailand", 8305 km from Los Angeles--half the world away!  So in this blog would show something common in my life but might be totally weird for you. Hope me and you can share the experiences together and---besides all--have fun!

My name is "Bell".  My full name, which is ridiculous long, is "Nitinun Varongchayakul".  Even I'm Thais, but now I live in Hong Kong, China and I'm going to spend this semester here as exchange student at Hong Kong University of Science and Technology.

So so so, give me three words which best describe Hong Kong?  For me, those are:

1. "Cloudy"  Since I was here, today is the forth day that there is sunshine!  I'm not kidding. The sky is blurrrrrrr and I can't even see my shadow when I walk to school.  However, the night in Hong Kong is so luminous!  Every buildings are decorated by lights.  Every night, the buildings near TST bay would open/close light following the orchestra song, as the "Symphony of Light".  That's one event that you MUST do in Hong Kong!



2. "Eastern version of USA" Since Hong Kong was historically belong to England, but now it belongs to China, so everything here is mixed up between western and eastern in very sweet proportion.  The Chinese style glossary stores can hide itself under the roof of mega-department store and lady could wear Chinese dress to work.  So interested!

3. "Delicious"  Yeah...I used to think that Hong Kong is the paradise of food!  But I can say, after 2 months living here, I found that HK dish is sooooooo oily and now I'm so sick of food here. I enjoy "Yum Cha" (super awesome dimsum breakfast), love eating HK noodle, and going out have big meal in buffet hot pot, but please DON'T PUT A BOTTLE OF OIL INTO MY MEAL!  (; f)


Share you idea about "Hong Kong" on my blog.  Wish I would see you later and later!

Keep in touch,
Bell



PS, thank you BlogSpot that provide vocabulary checking. You should add plug-in on grammar check too!

1 comment:

  1. haha Bell glad to read your first blog, you've done a really great job practicing English and i hope you keep writing blog everyday like Stephan :D

    you best buddy
    Michael

    ReplyDelete

Followers