Sunday, April 24, 2011

HTE diary: Art of Decision (1)

 Engineerings teaches you how to solve the problem--to find the exact solution, but in the reality, situation is different. There is no wrong or right answers, and this is the way it is, making a decision.

I always have a plan to my life, and prefer to have a short term goal. First summer, I decided to focus on my debate club together with doing some research at my university. Next summer is at National Lab. My third summer is internship time and now it is going to be my forth summer, after I graduate, I catch doubt what I shall do.

It is not hard to come up with idea what to do. For the people who always have a trouble with "I don't know what to do.", I can give you an easy keyword;

Watching

This is pretty similar to "how the idea is created" model in my HTE class, what to do is to watching what's going on with other people, for example, your role model is not bad idea. I go doing research during my first summer because my professor once went to internship during his summer time.

More important person to watch, yourself.

Continue the activity or project that you have done previously is also a good consideration. Sometimes, you might have a such a great idea during the school semester and you are such a busy until you can't do it. Think, now you have free time.

However, no matter ideas that come up to your mind, you should have a solid, clear goal there. This is very important because the success of your decision comes when you can achieve your goal.



Now you have tons of idea coming to your head, without evaluation the possibility or the value gain at all. The next step is to select the target idea, yeah, this one is much more cruel than the first step.

Every idea seems to be the best, but you couldn't do all of them no matter what--time, money, skill, or laziness are always involved in human life (I won't talk about robot-like person, he did everything  perfect in his perfect life). When I first come up with the this problem with my dad, he told me the way to evaluate it.


And we would talk about it in next blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers