Saturday, February 5, 2011

Entrepreneur's Daily Diary [2]

Week2 : 25 Jan 2011


It was surprising for me to looking forward to go to Business School class; High Technology Entrepreneur (HTE). Maybe it is because I was so exciting with the new up-to-date knowledge that I haven't heard in my Engineering class, or the teaching style that encourages us to work together, think together, and communicate instead of just a boring lecture, or the perfect combination of both.

And today, we learnt about how to create the ideas.

There is two different words, "invention" and "innovation". Edison invented lamp and Bill Gates invented Windows architecture. Scientist can invent things but it never been call innovation if it never come to business value.

One of my LA friend, Nima, I think he is such a good inventor. He came up with weird surprising idea every single morning and try all his best to explain what is in his mind. However, among his hundreds ideas, there might be only one which can actually make money (and he really did it!--HTE). It is not bad to come up with millions of ideas, but as the god of Apple says, he appreciates rejection to do millions of idea as much as acceptance to do one idea (I forgot exact words). I think this quote is very suitable for him.



Good entrepreneur does not need to be a good inventor, but required to be good innovator. Inventor is a special person who "have" more ideas than general inventor, but he doesn't own every ideas himself, instead he has very big empty room in his head and expanding hands to cooperate with other inventors and inspired them to work with him (ideal team work).


So this is another aspiration for me. As a researcher (I never called myself business man even I stated in first diary that I want to make money from my research work--I do not intentionally make profit.), I want to make the strong cooperation among people who have technologies together. Thailand is developing country, and national's annual budget for research and development is just around hundreds US dollar. So only one way that we can kick off our research field to compete with world wide, for example the United States, where R&D budget for a single university is even more than Thailand whole country), is to share technologies and personnels we have, without any obstructions.



Note: TED talk is mentioned in this class, I recommend the talks on "Augmented Reality", "Boring Data ", and "Ukele".

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers